Be part of a team that focuses on technology, innovation, and breaking new ground daily. If you are ready to take the leap with a company with rapid growth and opportunities, we'd love to meet you.
+ Computer Vision Scientist
Candy Lab AR has an immediate opening for the Irvine, California office for a Computer Vision Scientist / Software Engineer. In this position, you’ll be responsible for building a framework and algorithms that integrate and operate on computer vision outputs. You’ll need to be confident in your work, ready to make independent decisions, and comfortable with a fast-paced iteration cycle.
- Build a framework for large-scale, distributed processing of computer vision outputs
- Design and develop APIs as part of the ARFuse Portal’s developer facing interfaces
- Design and develop algorithms that operate on computer vision outputs
- Produce unit, functional, integration and interoperability tests, including automating tests when possible
- Write technical documents, including architecture diagrams and API descriptions
- Work with computer vision researchers, engineers, and embedded software developers to coordinate feature development
- Work with customer developers to integrate their applications into the Candy Lab AR stack
- Fluent in C++
- Experience in robotics, simulations or 3D development
- Experience in computer vision and/or image processing
- Ability to think in six-degree of freedom transforms
- Experience on projects that involve 3D logic and systems-level thinking
- Knowledge of dense reconstruction algorithms and/or 3D pose estimation/tracking is a plus
- MS or higher in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
+ Administrative Assistant
We are actively hiring for a responsible Administrative Assistant for our Irvine, California office to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks, including providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in general office needs, and ensuring the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our company.
Responsibilities include preparing reports, providing office organization, and making travel and meeting arrangements for large-scale conferences and exhibitor events. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools, like MS Excel and office equipment. Ideal candidates also have previous experience as a Secretary or Executive Assistant in an industry related to either augmented reality, virtual reality, gaming, Microsoft Azure, application development, iOS or GooglePlay.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Manage mailing, contact, and distribution lists
- Send, receive or retrieve documents for the company
- Book travel arrangements
- Plan events such as google hangouts, uber telephone conferences, and board meetings
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers
- Only accepting candidates based in Southern California at this time.
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant, or office assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment (like printers and fax machines)
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Ability to work independently and under time constraints with minimal supervision
- Light travel to specified vendors
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus
+ Design Intern
For our Irvine, California offices ONLY, Candy Lab is seeking a Design Intern available to start immediately. The Design Intern is responsible for providing support for the marketing department through a variety of channels, print, digital, web, video and other as assigned. The Design intern will assist with the development and design of core graphics, logos, collateral, event materials, digital projects, and a variety of other creative tasks as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess strong graphic design skills, be detail-oriented, self-motivated and have the ability to organize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare images to coincide with social and blog posts
- Assist with website and blog updates
- Assist with collateral updates and version control
- Creation of various logos for products
- Creation and updates to various sales collateral
- Assist with video production (shooting, editing, etc)
- We are only accepting candidates based in Southern California at this time.
- Able to work well under pressure
- Graphic design major or enrolled in a related degree program
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud – Illustrator and Photoshop, Adobe Indesign
- Knowledge of video editing and motion graphics — After Effects and Premier
- Familiarity with 3D modeling is a plus
- Wordpress experience
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
- Organized, dependable and detail oriented
- High sense of urgency
- Work hard, play hard mentality
+ Unity Developer
We are seeking a Unity AR Developer to join our company in sunny Orange County, California. Candidates will be working with our technical team to support and enhance our existing and future mobile product offerings in the Location-Based Augmented Reality space. Enthusiasm for existing and emerging AR technologies is a must. Past experience working on mobile platforms, especially in games, and any experience building AR products or demos is a major plus, as is any experience writing plugins for the Unity Assetstore.
The following will push applicants to the front of the line:
- A strong focus on writing clean maintainable code
- Thoroughly testing and debugging code
- The ability to proactively identify and solve problems
- A willingness to put on that final extra polish
- Good communication of progress on current tasks
Candidates are expected to be self-starters and work efficiently without constant close supervision.
- Write C# code within the Unity3D environment
- Design and implement required UI and gameplay features
- Debug and fix bugs and maintain existing codebases
- Participate in the build pipeline process for Android / iOS
- Provide developer support to clients
- Assist in R&D for upcoming AR projects
- Work closely with art and design along with management
- Minimum 3 Years of experience in Unity3D
- Excellent C# skills
- Strong knowledge of Unity UI
- Unity performance optimization
- Experience integrating 3rd party plugins and tools into Unity
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- OOP Principles and Design Patterns
- Experience with REST APIs, JSON, XML
- Excellent problem solving ability and can debug code quickly
- Experience with VCS such as SVN or Git
- Any familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Jira
- Good team player
- Ability to actively communicate progress
- Experience creating AR/VR mobile apps or games
- Native Android / Native iOS Development
- Shader programming
- Knowledge of 3D modeling, animation and asset creation
To Apply Please send resume, professional references and comprehensive code samples or full projects and include the job description in the subject line.
We're based in beautiful Irvine, California (conveniently located right off the 405 freeway). Our main headquarters are just steps away from the famous Irvine Spectrum. At Candy Lab, you'll be in easy walking distance to restaurants, shopping centers, theatres, and entertainment.
Candy Lab has created a collaborative and supportive environment for top-tier talent. Our flat management style means that everyone is heard and we can quickly pivot to new ideas and solutions.
We love our staff and are committed to their professional and personal development.
Contact our Recruiting Team.
To stay up-to-date on our latest job postings, please submit your information here.